Sunday, July 12, 2009

Craftiness update!


I've worked on a few projects this week while I've been waiting for the CT machine to open up so I can continue my research project.

Business Card Wallets

A couple of wallets from a pattern bought on Etsy.. the top one is mine and a friend was so enamored she wanted one of her own. I forgot to take a picture of the lining, but it is blue Beatles Yellow Submarine fabric - love it! On hers, I forgot to topstitch the flap before sewing it to the main piece but I don't think she'll care.

Buttercup Bag

This is from the Buttercup Bag pattern. I could not for the life of me get the button flap to look good so I finally just left it out. My sewing machine can't make curved seams very well. Also, I made darts in the fabric when the pattern called for pleats and didn't realize there was a difference until later - woops! Anyhoo, the buttons are vintage but I like that they make the purse look more "modern."

Chevron Scarf

And finally a knitting project I'm working on, the Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I was able to find this book at the public library.



Chevron Scarf


I'm using one skein of Koigu (don't have the colorway on hand) and one Socks that Rock - Rook-y left over from my Simple Short Socks. They're just two sock yarns I found in my closet that go together surprisingly well.

Koigu, Socks that Rock

Well I'm off to finish Harry Potter Weekend on TV, then watch the OOTP on DVD so I'm prepared for another journey to Hogwarts on Wednesday! Excited!!

4 comments:

Your Secret Pal said...

I'm working on a Chevron Scarf too. But let me tell you...it is NOT last minute gift. I've been working on it for over 3 months! LOL Here's to hoping yours goes faster than mine.

blasé hurricane said...

Haha I am almost finished with it, but I am running out of yarn and have had many hours of tv time this week.. that's not my idea of a last minute gift either.

littlelixie said...

I love those scarves! I have one in green that is just amazing. Yours looks fabulous. Lix (SP Hostess)

Amber said...

Beautiful! Just love the colors with that pattern! :)