Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Arwen Continued

Arwen Continued 12-25-07
Originally uploaded by trebecula
Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a new camera for Christmas, so I just had to post an update on Arwen. I reached the 12" point on the body (fronts and back) and am adding a couple inches before I cast on the armpits. Look at the pretty colors!!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cardigan for Arwen Update

Cardigan for Arwen
Originally uploaded by trebecula
This is how far I've gotten on Arwen. It's taking a while for each row since I'm knitting the fronts and back together. I also got about an inch and a half into the cable when I noticed a mistake at the beginning so I ripped back to the fold line. It lost me about an afternoon full of knitting. That's okay, I learned my lesson: double-triple-quadruple check I'm on the right chart before I knit anything on the cable.

Hope I get a new camera for Christmas so my pink won't come out so dull!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Big post! Finals are over and I finally have time to tend to my photos and more importantly, my knitting.

First up is my first finished Beatrix socks, of course with a special appearance of my bad luck tattoo.

Beatrix socks

I finally decided to use this pattern for my Colinette Jitterbug yarn - I went through several patterns and several froggings before getting to this point. I am really happy with this combo. The color variegation in the Jitterbug really comes out on the fake stocking runs. I didn't have any knots in my skein like a lot of people on Ravelry have, and I am so far happy with the thickness of the fabric it creates. So far so good! I've got about half of the second sock on the needles.

Next up is a pair of Fetching wristwarmers.

Fetching wristwarmers

Made from Vanna's Choice yarn in taupe - yuck, icky yarn. I made these as a Christmas present for my Grandma, but my mom said they were too "new-wave" for her and that I'd have to explain how they work to her. I decided to keep them for myself and get her a crossword puzzle book. Sorry, g-ma. :p

These are the slippers for my sister from a few posts down, drying.

Felted Slippers: Drying

I felted these with hot water, my big yarn pot, some dishwashing gloves and a few shocks of cold water from the sink faucet. The Patons SWS came out great. I think it only took me a half hour to felt the both of them. Success! I hope she likes them.

Last but not least is my most recent project. I wound all of my Malabrigo into cakes because I'll be taking it with me to my parents and the winder/swift combo isn't as portable as it could be.

Malabrigo Cake

Here is my yarn winding audience.

Yarn Cake Audience

Using my first brand new Malabrigo cake, I've cast on a few rows of A Cardigan for Arwen. I'm modifying the pattern a little bit. I'm knitting the fronts and the back in one piece so I don't have to do any big side seams. It isn't complicated now but it will be once I get to the sleeve/hood area. Fortunately there are a couple knit-alongs where people discuss how they modified the pattern as well.