Saturday, January 14, 2006

Welcome!

Here's a list of my current knitting projects:

  • A pair of Urban Necessity mitten/gloves for one of my parents' coworkers. I am using knitpicks' Sock Garden in the colorway Geranium for her. I've already made myself a pair in the colorway Morning Glory. I'm not adding the diamond pattern on the cap because the yarn is already so crazy.
  • Sesame - It's still sitting in its little box because I can't bring myself to work on it right now. I got really frustrated with the sleeves. Everything is completely knitted but I hate seaming! I'm using knitpicks' Wool of the Andes.
  • Hot Lava Cardigan - This one also stashed in a box, I don't think I got frustrated with it but it's been a long time since I picked it up so I might have blocked it out of my memory.
I am starting classes again on Tuesday. I have a full schedule this semester, with 7 classes just to make the minimum full time hours (12). This is what happens when you are a science major and you hate lab classes. Well, I can't say I hate all lab classes but I do severely dislike chem labs and so have left them for the very last. I've also decided to go ahead and complete a philosophy minor so I will be able to fill up one more complete semester after this one. I know it seems odd to be pushing off graduation but I have a few reasons:

1. My insurance requires me to be a full time student.
2. I have about 22 hours left of my degree. So, I could take a couple classes in the summer and graduate afterwards, but that would be 16-18 hours of just science courses this spring semester and I'm definitely not crazy.
3. Last but not least, vet school frowns on being out of school for any length of time, so 6 months would be better than a full year.

Anyway, I will get to posting photos of my works in progress and other random things. Right now you can check out my PhotoBlog.


No comments: