Saturday, August 01, 2009

Garden Party

Zinnias and Wildflowers

I didn't get any knitting done this week so I thought I'd share a photo of my unruly Zinnias. Please ignore the also unruly grass around the edges - I have the most unreliable lawn mower on the planet.

This week I had to finish the poster for my research project on a deadline. My mentor was too busy to meet with me about what needed to be on the poster until late in the afternoon the day before it was due because he was too busy. When I went home to work on it that evening, a bad storm came and knocked out my electricity. I took everything to a friend's house and worked on it for a few hours and then headed home to continue working. My electricity was back on but my router seemed to have died. I had to haul everything up to the school and finish what I could on the poster using the school's wifi. I left after 1 in the morning.

I am not at all the kind of person who leaves stuff to do til the last minute so that evening was way too stressful for me. I think it was payback for not having to work on my project as much as other students were working on theirs throughout the summer.

Well, I am glad I am pretty much done! We had our last weekly seminar on Friday and I just have to stand by my poster for a few hours on Tuesday and then the whole program is finished. I am going with a couple good friends to Yellowstone/Grand Teton soon afterward so I will finally get a chance to truly relax before school starts.

I have a wedding to go to tonight, and I am wearing a dress. This might not seem like much but I haven't worn a dress since my sister's wedding.. in 2002! I'm sure my friends will go crazy.

Alright, I will leave you with another garden photo to round out the party!

Zinnias and Wildflowers

No comments: