Monday, January 30, 2006

Yeah, I hate to say it, but this always happens. School comes around and, no matter how hard I try to stop it, takes up all my free time and then some. This semester is especially grueling because it contains all of the stuff I kept putting off until the last minute, not really expecting that minute to take place. Dammit! Anyway I have some photos.

I was at my parents for the weekend and I worked on my handspinning. I have only been doing this for a couple weeks so I am just trying to get into the groove of it. I feel I can't really go any further until I get some cash and buy a few needed supplies like a niddy noddy, lots o' fiber, etc.

This is what is currently on the spindle, awaiting a proper skein-age.


These are a couple of crappy skeins that I made previously. I can straighten out all the coils. Making a skein with my forearm is not as easy as it sounds.



Whoa, you weren't expecting that! I sure threw you for a loop. This is 'Army,' and I hope someone out there appreciates my Arrested Development reference, although I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't since apparently nobody watches it. Anyhoo, he was out in the backyard for a few weeks until my parents got tired of falling into his nose holes that he had dug into the ground. So they caught him and took him out to one of the cattle pastures. Or at least that's what they told me..

And this is what has become of my beautiful hot pink Fender:

I guess it's a pretty color. But it has lost its attitude.

Much like I have thanks to this semester, hello circular logic. Be back soon!

No comments: